Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Great Expectations for 2008!







Well, folks, it looks like we made it through 2007 and into the new year. That's something to be grateful for, isn't it? And like millions of Americans, I, too, am shaking off the old year and putting on new garments for 2008. Ain't it grand? Just think, the Lord has afforded you another day to breathe, walk, talk, see, taste, hear and share the goodness of His son, Jesus Christ. We have freedom of our limbs, free thoughts, and free will. This is a beautiful life.

I am excited about having another chance to serve our Lord in 2008. Last night I talked to a friend and we reminisced about the past year, we talked about what we did and didn't accomplish in 2007, and the beauty of second chances. Three hundred and sixty-five days to get it right, to complete our "To Do List", and to think about new beginnings and second chances.

I have committed to reading one scripture a day and with some effort maybe I'll end up reading the bible in one year. It's all semantics, but I prefer not to use the word resolutions. I like to call them commitments or affirmations--somehow it sounds better when I say "I commit to saving 10% of my income each month," rather than "I resolve to spend less and save more!"
Any great expectations for 2008?
Question: What's on your "To Do List" for the New Year?